Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Special Thanks....

I posted a blog momentarily ago that was a thank you in general to the amount of love that I am feeling and the awe I truly feel at feeling so loved. I am totally having a sappy moment...and think I am going to be this way for the next two months! While I am thankful for all of our friends and I do not want anyone to feel less important, there are a few people that I specifically would like to thank and make a note of the Wonderfulness they will add to my day and already add to my life. So, if you don't want to know that I am sappy... stop reading now :)


Amy: Matron of Honor
Amy is my sister and one of my best friends. I was her maid of honor 13 years ago and am so happy to know she will be standing next to me on my big day!





Julie: Bridesmaid
Julie has been my best friend for 9 years now. She and I have been through all kinds of times together.... I am not sure I ever said it out loud to her but Julie was my saving grace. I value her friendship very much and know we will be friends our whole lives. I had the true honor of being her Maid of Honor when she married PJ and the honor of being with her and her family when she gave birth to her precious baby girl. I am thrilled and honored that she will be standing up there with me!

Hope: Bridesmaid
Hope is proof that distance and time do not affect a true friendship. Hope and I became friends in Junior High....then she moved away when we were Juniors in High School. I can still picture us standing in the hallway at school crying and saying goodbye! We managed to stay in touch through the first year or so of college (she went to UGA and me AU) but eventually lost touch...until she found me on FB!!!! We met up for a Saturday afternoon outing and after not talking for around 10 years, it felt like we had never missed a beat. We have now been in touch for a couple of years and know we will be friends forever. I am so thankful for FB! It means the world to me that Hope will be one of my Bridesmaids up there with me!

Terri: Bridesmaid
The Fabulous TJ... I have known Terri for as long as I can remember... I think she came to our school in 1st or 2nd grade... not sure, but that is my point... never remember a time without knowing Terri. But, Terri and I were friends but we were never close friends growing up. A few years ago, our group of childhood girlfriends started having girls' weekends and outings... and Terri and I realized that we should have been close friends long ago! Thankfully, I have her as one of my best friends now! Terri has been my sanity many times during this process... Terri is a fierce friend who I know will always be there for me and will always tell me the truth. I am so excited that she is gracing me with the honor of being one of my Bridesmaids!


Heather: Bridesmaid
I have "known" Heather for a long time...we went to the same Church growing up...but she is younger than me so we were not in the same groups or anything. Her family has sat on the pew behind our family and we were on speaking terms but never much more until several years ago. We kept ending up around each other and ended up spending several days together as we chaperoned a youth retreat. By the end of the trip...we were great friends... totally bonded over shopping, lol! Now, Heather is one of my best friends. She is totally stuck with me! Lol..I was her Maid of Honor when she married Matt and could not imagine my wedding without her standing up there with me.


These 5 women are very important to my life and I wanted to let them know how much they mean to me and how thankful I am that they are sharing this time with me! Being a Bridesmaid requires time and effort and I want to be sure they know it is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment